Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

This I know for sure...

I don't know how to reach new readers.  That I definitely know for sure.  I blog, belong to Goodreads, have an author page on Amazon, have a fan page on Facebook, and a regular Facebook page.  I also guest blog when I can. I have a Twitter account but I haven't really done anything with it at this point. But in doing all this, I usually only reach the same people.  At least it's usually the same people who leave a comment etc.  Not that I'm complaining.  I'm very, very grateful for those people who read my posts, comment on or like my Facebook status, etc. I'm just not sure how to expand my reach.

I'd love to hear any ideas you might have or things you've done that you think helped  :o)


1 comment:

  1. Awww, and here I am commenting. :) I understand what you mean though. I haven't yet figured how to extend beyond the normal group of readers. Don't get my wrong, I am grateful for my circle of readers so very much. They are so helpful when it comes to promotion and commenting.

    Something I've noticed that might pull in a new reader of two at a time is joining blog hops. Carrie Ann Ryan and Lia Davis are pretty great about hosting them. I think they even started a site devoted just to that if you felt like participating. Usually you will have to offer a prize, but I think a lot of authors will offer a gift card or a copy of one of their backlisted books. Just an idea. :)

    Also, I know some authors will ask review sites to review their books. Not too sure about that one though. I don't have a book to promote so I can't say if that is a handy idea or not. But once again, just an idea.

    ReplyDelete