Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

What I'm reading Wednesday

Do you ever read more than one book at a time?  I do on occasion - I'm actually reading three books right now -- Whispers In The Dark by Maya Banks and Only His by Susan Mallery in paperback and Some Like It In Handcuffs by Christine Warner on my Kindle. 

I also like to switch between non-fiction and fiction so often read more than one book at time if I'm reading something for research and something for pleasure.

Do you ever get the characters mixed up from one story to the other? I never have but have a friend who insists she would if she read more than one book at a time.  

2 comments:

  1. I'm not so much of a switch between person. If I sit down to read a book. I really try to allot enough time to just read it straight through. It bugs me not to be able to finish a story in one sitting. Feels as though I'm getting up halfway through a movie. Thankfully, I can read fast. :) Loved Christine Warner's book and I am really digging that whole KGI series by Maya Banks. You'll have to let me know what you think of the Mallery book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melissa,

    I'm so jealous! I'd love to be able to read a book in one sitting. Unfortunately, whenever I'm trying to read something more involved than the newspaper, I'm constantly interrupted because someone needs this or someone has to tell me that. Family! I love them except when they're driving me crazy when I'm trying to read. :o)

    I've liked all of Maya Banks KGI series except this last one I'm a little iffy about. I don't like how Nathan is always carrying Shea around and sitting her on his lap like she's a kid. It just strikes me as kind of icky.

    As for Susan Mallery's "Only His," it was alright. Not one of her best and I normally love her books.

    ReplyDelete