Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

This I Know For Sure...

It seems the more I plan, the less I'm able to stick to those plans. 

I can't explain it. It's like Murphy's Law - if something can go wrong, it will.  I planned writing time into my day each day this week, yet something came up Monday and yesterday that just threw those plans right out the window. Today's not looking too promising either. Depends on how long the day job turns out to be. Wondering if I'll get more writing accomplished if I stop making plans. :o)

2 comments:

  1. I've read we're supposed to ignore the things that come up and write no matter what. But that seems like a recipe for disaster--some things can't be ignored without dire consequences. Maybe throwing out planning would work better--it's at least worth a try. For a day or two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've decided to throw out the planning this coming week and see how it goes. If it doesn't seem to work any better, I'll go back to planning and just hope for the best. Thanks for the advice, Towriteistowrite.

    ReplyDelete