Pages

Monday, August 10, 2026

Monday Check In

Last week...

Writing Related:  I made some minor progress on edits for Garrett's book. I'm hoping to be able to get a lot more done this week since my brother is far enough along in his recovery to go back to his house though he will still need to have shoulder replacement surgery in a month or so. He may need to come back and stay with us at that time so I really want to have all of the edits and rewrites for Garrett's book done by then.

Motivational Quote:  "Sucking at something is the first step towards being sorta good at something." ~ Jake the Dog (John DiMaggio) in Adventure Time, season one. 

What I'm Reading:  I finished reading The Book Witch by Meg Shaffer last night. It was an enjoyable book. I'd describe the story as a combination of mystery, fantasy, and magical realism. I'll start a new book this evening. Not sure what it will be though as I have about five books I borrowed from the library to choose from. 

Random Things:  I heard that the local Dunkin' will be adding pumpkin spice drinks to their menu on or around August 19th this year. I like pumpkin spice coffee as much as the next person, but I think it's too early for it. Wait until at least September before making fall drinks available. I like fall, but I love summer and don't want to rush the end of it. 

Random Photo:

 Popcorn is my favorite snack but I'm not so sure I'd like dill pickle flavored popcorn. I guess I'm a traditionalist - I like my popcorn with salt and just a bit of butter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment