Pages

Monday, January 16, 2023

Monday Check In

Last week...

Writing Related: I'm back to working on Mississippi's story, the 4th book in the Echo Company series. I managed to write a decent number of pages, but not as many as I'd hoped. It always takes me a couple of weeks to get back in the groove so that the words flow easier during my writing sessions. I think it's a combination of not having written in a few weeks and trying to get back into the story and the character's heads. I have a couple of appointments after work, but hope to still get about 7,500 words written this week.

Motivational Quote: "I try to expect nothing and hope that everything is possible." ~ Jia Tolentino

What I'm Reading: I started reading Triptych by Karin Slaughter yesterday afternoon. It's the first book in the Will Trent series. I decided to read the series after watching the first episode of Will Trent on ABC a couple of weeks ago. Despite a bit of a jarring reveal (see Random Things below), I'm liking the book so far - I'm about 75 pages into it.

Random Things: I realize authors have no say in casting when their books are made into movies, or in the case of Will Trent, a television series, but I do wish that the people doing the casting would make some attempt to have the actor portraying the main character look a little bit the way the character is described in the book. I love Ramon Rodriguez as Will Trent so it was a bit disconcerting to find out Will Trent is a six foot 5 inch white man with dirty blonde hair and some facial scars in the books. I had the same problem with Forrest Gump. I saw the movie when it first came out. Loved Tom Hanks as Forrest. But in the book, Forrest is described as a hulking linebacker, built like a brick wall type. No where close to how Tom Hanks is built. I had such a hard time correlating how Forrest was described in various scenes with how Tom Hanks looks that I gave up reading the book. 

Random Photo:

           Mrs. Green laying under our Christmas tree before the presents took up all the space.


No comments:

Post a Comment