Pages

Monday, January 4, 2021

New Beginnings - 2021

Happy 2021! Like most everyone, I am glad to say goodbye to 2020. I had my share of anxiety and worry from the pandemic that resulted in getting off track with my 2020 goals in a number of ways. 

I will be putting a few new practices in place starting today to keep me on track with my goals, both personal and professional. One will be to check in with a fellow author with our word/page counts at the end of each week to help keep both of us accountable. She writes 3 to 4 books a year so I think the weekly check in is more to help me than her. The second is using a giant wall calendar with enough space to write in deadlines, priorities, scheduling research time, etc. This is a process used by a friend who just published her 100th book so it obviously works for her. I've already set up the first 3 months and each time I walk into the room, my eyes go right to the color coordinated Post it notes on the wall. I'm a very visual person so being able to see deadlines and such every time I walk into this particular room will keep me on track or so I'm hoping. 

Here's to a much better 2021 in every possible way.



No comments:

Post a Comment