Pages

Friday, August 7, 2020

This I know for sure...

Mondays are my least favorite day of the week. I've never been a fan of Mondays even when I was a kid. Not so much because I have to go to work. I go to work Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday too and I don't hate those days. In fact Wednesday is my favorite day of the week.

I think it's because it signals the end of being able to control my own time for the next five days. I have responsibilities that have to be handled during the week whether that be appointments, errands, check ins with family members that need help quite a bit, and of course going to work, that I don't have to do on the weekends. Despite still having things to do on the weekends like grocery shopping and housework, I feel a sense of freedom that I don't have during the week. Mondays signal the end of that freedom even if it's just for the short term.


No comments:

Post a Comment