Pages

Monday, May 4, 2020

There's Always A But

Life is certainly different from what we are used to. Social distancing, wearing masks when out in public, worrying about contracting Covid-19, or worse accidentally exposing our loved ones to it.

I'm one of the few people who hasn't really been affected by the pandemic and the stay-at-home order issued by our governor. I work in the financial services industry which is considered an essential business so I'm still going into the office Monday thru Friday (although to be honest, I would much rather work from home).

I realize how lucky I am and I'm incredibly grateful that I'm still able to continue working...
(here comes the but) but I can't wait for our local library to re-open. Even as I write that, I realize how selfish and petty it sounds when so many people are struggling financially.

Here's hoping we are all able to get back to normal, or at least a "new normal" soon so people are able to go back to work, get back on their feet financially, visit with our loved ones without having to do it separated by a window or door, and to a much lesser extent, be able to go to the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment