Pages

Friday, January 11, 2019

This I know for sure...

One of the things I want to be better at this year is staying organized or "on top of things." I have a crate type box that sits on a credenza. I drop papers and other miscellaneous things into the crate with the intention of putting the items in their proper place when I find time.

The problem is I usually don't find time until two or three months later. By that time, the crate is usually filled to the top or overflowing. I spent Wednesday evening going through everything in it. Some of the things I didn't even know why I put them in the box to start with. I'm sure I thought I would need/use the item/paper when I set it inside, but weeks later, apparently the items aren't so important or useful to me.

I'm going to put cleaning out the crate on my weekly Saturday chore list. For some reason, I do very well at getting things done that are on that list. I'm also going to work on putting fewer things in the box to start with.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck - let us know how it goes. I have never found a solution to the "crap that piles up" problem despite many different tries. I recently watched Marie Kondo on Netflix - I binged the whole season and while I loved seeing all those houses all tidied up - I still feel zero motivation to tidy mine because I know in less than a week it will no longer be tidy and I'll have to do it all again.

    ReplyDelete