Pages

Monday, September 17, 2018

To Promote or Not

The two historical romance novels and novella I've written have been published and available for five years or so. My quandary is whether I should continue to promote them or not. Admittedly, I haven't done a lot of promotion for them in the last year or so. I let the promotion aspect slide while I was getting acclimated with a new, less stressful job and then while I've been working on the revisions/edits of Honor Bound.

Part of me feels like I shouldn't promote them because they've been out for quite awhile and because they're historical romance novels. Honor Bound and the subsequent books in the series I'm working on are set in the present and are contemporary romance novels.

Another part of me feels like I should keep promoting them because I do plan on writing more historical romance novels so I want to keep interest in the books already released. However I'm thinking it will be at least this time next year before I'll have time to start writing a historically set novel.

 Decisions. Decisions.






No comments:

Post a Comment