Pages

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

What I'm Reading Wednesday

My apologies for not having a review ready today. I suppose I could say I spent the last couple of weeks visiting with family and out of town relatives.  While that's true, the most likely reason I haven't been reading is I received a Kindle Fire and have been busy transferring books from my old Kindle, downloading music, newspaper subscriptions, and yes, a couple of games.

In keeping with the new year and the weight loss resolution most people make in January (me included), I'm sharing a favorite low calorie/low fat recipe.

Breakfast Frittata (although we have eaten it for dinner with a side salad) 

6 egg whites, lightly beaten
1 cup diced peeled potato
1/2 cup diced onion
1/2 cup diced bell pepper (Color of your choice. I usually use red or green.)
1/2 cup diced turkey bacon
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese plus some for garnishing
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons olive oil

Boil potato in a saucepan for 10 minutes or until tender; drain and set aside. Pour the olive oil into a skillet, saute the onion, bell pepper, turkey bacon, and garlic. Combine the lightly beaten egg whites with the potatoes, 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese, and the skillet mixture. Cook over medium-low heat and cover with a lid. Covering the pan helps the eggs to cook through. Once the eggs are cooked through, remove from heat. Sprinkle the extra cheese over the top and cover with the lid until the cheese is melted.   Serves 2

No comments:

Post a Comment