Pages

Monday, January 20, 2014

Decisions, Decisions

I mentioned last week that one of my goals was to revamp my blog. As you can tell, I've started making some changes. To gather ideas I went visited the blogs of writers I knew and some random blogs in general.

All I can say is Wow. A huge number of the ones I visited are amazing with graphics, scrolling items, music, and an incredible amount of information. Being technologically challenged, I'm not even going to attempt to add music or scrolling items to my blog. I took a lot of notes on the various set ups in terms of separate informational tabs, the look in general, and the ease of navigating the site. I found the sites I liked best were ones that had a light or white background. I had a hard time reading some of the ones that had black or dark backgrounds.

After taking the time to look at the other blogs, I pretty much know how I'd like my blog to look. Hopefully it'll be more inviting and less stagnant looking. I'm also hoping it'll be easier to implement those changes (my technology impairedness aside) now that I know what I want so keep an eye out for more changes to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment