Pages

Friday, October 12, 2012

This I know for sure...

Training a new person at the day job makes me more tired at the end of the day than doing the old duties myself.  I think it's a combination of making sure I'm telling the new person everything they need to know, trying to come up with various scenarios so they'll know how to handle those situations, and sitting beside them watching them work.

I do know that sitting with someone and watching them as they navigate the software systems and process the various types of paperwork makes the day seem so much longer than it is.  I would much rather be busy than watch over someone while they work.

1 comment:

  1. I can sympathize with you there. I really dislike training any new employees. Never been one of those "training" sorts of people. Sorry the day has been longer because of that.

    ReplyDelete