Pages

Monday, September 20, 2021

Please Welcome My Guest...

 

Please welcome my guest, Amber Daulton. Amber is the author of the romantic-suspense series Arresting Onyx and several standalone novellas. Her books are published through Daulton Publishing, The Wild Rose Press, and Books to Go Now, and are available in ebook, print on demand, audio, and foreign language formats.

She lives in North Carolina with her husband and demanding cats.

Amber is here today to answer a few questions about herself and her latest book.


Why do you write in the genre/sub-genre that you do? Any plans in the future to write in a different one?

I write in a variety of romantic sub-genres because I love them all. They include contemporary, romantic suspense, historical, western, NA, and time travel. Some story ideas can fit in multiple settings and genres, but others fit in only one or two categories, so I like to keep my options open and my muse flowing to wherever it takes me.

I haven’t written any sci/fi romance, but I love stories about aliens, world invasions, and kinky sexual habits. Unfortunately, I don’t have any ideas for a story like that—rather, ideas that haven’t already been done a dozen times. Maybe one day my muse will speak to me about it. *Fingers crossed*

How do you stay motivated when writer’s block hits or your muse won’t cooperate?

Writer’s block is definitely a challenge. Sometimes I feel brain dead and exhausted, and it’s impossible to create a complete, cohesive sentence. It’s like a huge weight is on my shoulders, and the only thing I can do is step away from the project to find my zone. I usually have to play video games, clean, do house repair projects, or work in the garden to get my creative juices flowing again. I also try to read in the sub-genre I’m writing in to find inspiration. After a few weeks, my creative muse starts flowing, and I can finally get back to work!

What’s the best writing advice you were ever given?

Just keep trying even when you’re feeling bad about yourself and the quality of your work. No one is perfect. Don’t rush a project; give it the love and attention it needs to be the best it can be. You as the writer, the book itself, and the readers deserve it.

What do you like to do in your leisure time?

My hubby and I love binge-watching TV shows—our favorite is Supernatural (go Team Sam!)—and we often borrow movies from our local library. Besides that, I like to read, garden, hike, play video games, and create scrapbooks. We also have two cats who are very demanding of our time.

Tell us about your current or upcoming release in a couple of sentences.

Forever Winter will be live on October 5th, 2021. It’s the re-release of my debut novella that came out in 2012. I’ve given it a long overdue makeover with a fresh cover and edit, but it’s essentially the same story.

Can you tell us a little about your next project?

In addition to Forever Winter, I’m re-releasing my romantic suspense novella A Hero’s Heart, which will be live on November 2nd, 2021. It follows a smoking hot DEA agent who hides out in his hated hometown after the gang he double crossed places a bounty on his head. There he runs into his old flame, and sparks fly in more ways than one.

Anything else you’d like readers to know?

Forever Winter takes place on the main characters’ wedding day. While some readers may be put off from that, I want them to know this story isn’t book two or a continuation from another book. It’s a complete novella that focuses on one day in the lives of Susanna and Camden, the heroine and hero.

Most romance books show how the characters meet and fall in love, but they don’t give detail to the wedding, marriage life, and the children that may come from the union. I wanted to do something different, so I focused on all the things that could go wrong on a bride’s most special day. While I put poor Susanna and Camden through the wringer, I also showed how love triumphs in the face of adversity and that nothing will stop two people who are madly in love with each other from getting married.

I hope you’ll give Forever Winter a chance.

Forever Winter sounds great. Here's the synopsis of the story:


 

A perfect Christmas wedding, a snowstorm, and a shocking secret. What could go wrong?

Susanna Lorican must marry the man she loves before the truth is discovered, or face the gossip of the ton. With an unexpected snowstorm injuring the minister, her future hangs in the balance.

Viscount Camden Beckinworth vows to keep his bride safe, even if he must betray her confidence. When their love is put to the test, how will he uphold her honor without jeopardizing his own?

 

– Warning: this sweet, complete Regency romance novella features a brief scene where the heroine is assaulted.

 

Excerpt:

 Oh, my. The air in her lungs froze as he teased and tasted her lips in a decadent, feather-soft kiss. She moaned into his mouth and closed her eyes.

“You are so beautiful.” He trailed his lips down her neck.

“Camden.” She gasped and gripped his broad shoulders for an anchor in the storm of bliss threatening to sweep her under. Spots dotted her vision like twinkling stars peeking through dark clouds. She blinked several times and nodded to the entryway. “We must control ourselves. Anyone could see.” The smirk crawling up his cheeks clenched something deep and primal inside her. She breathed harder and inched closer to his heaving chest.

“Let them. We are betrothed. Two people in love who are about to wed are expected to kiss.”

“Kiss, yes,” she whispered. “You, my lord, make love with your lips.” Heat flamed in her cheeks and surely reddened her face.

Camden laughed and trailed his fingers up her bare arm to the puffed sleeve. “Do I? You have never admitted that before.”

“There are some things you should not be privy to.”

“Really? I’m honored that my bride appreciates the way I kiss. If she didn’t, what kind of man would that make me?”

She stepped away and smacked his biceps. “There are eyes and ears everywhere, Camden. Especially today. I’m positive the servants are already gossiping that we are spending time together on the one day we should keep our distance. It is bad luck.” And since their chaperone had left them unaccompanied, she expected another servant to arrive any minute, courtesy of her mother.

Camden drew her back into his arms and brushed his lips across her hairline. “I make my own luck. We control our destiny, Susanna; no one else. Besides, you have nothing to worry about. The one activity we shared truly worth gossiping about will never reach the light of day.”

  

Purchase Links

 

Just .99 cents – Limited Time Only

 

Amazon – https://bit.ly/foreverwinteramazon

Barnes and Noble – https://bit.ly/foreverwinternook

Kobo – https://bit.ly/foreverwinterkobo

Apple/iBooks – https://bit.ly/foreverwinterapple

Google Play – https://bit.ly/foreverwintergoogleplay

                                    Universal link – https://books2read.com/foreverwinter

  You can find Amber on various social media site by clicking here - Amber Daulton Universal Link

 

1 comment: