Pages

Friday, June 14, 2019

This I know for sure...

Where there's a will, there's a way. I'm sure we've all heard that old adage. I've decided the squirrels in my neighborhood certainly live by it. I have a hanging basket plant on my porch. I purposely purchased a longer than normal hanging hook so the plant hangs out further into open air area so the squirrels wouldn't be able to jump from the porch railings onto the plant. They love to dig up the roots and make nests in my hanging plants.

They have tried to jump from the one railing into the plant without success. They've also tried jumping from the gutter on to the plant, also without success. Yesterday I noticed my cat crouching in the window. I looked out just in time to see one squirrel climb on top of another and leap into the hanging plant. I went out and shooed it out, but now I'll need to try and find another spot to move the plant to. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment