Pages

Monday, October 22, 2018

Another Way to Enjoy Chocolate

We had a new stove delivered last Friday because the oven in the old one wouldn't warm past 150 degrees. With the colder weather settling in, I definitely needed an oven that actually heated up. To  test out the new one, I made Chocolate Babka. It's a coffee cake like bread. It goes great with a hot cup of coffee (or tea) and the Sunday paper.

The best recipe I've found, and I've tried a few different ones, is from the King Arthur flour website.  I do have to admit that I don't always use the King Arthur brand. I use whatever brand of flour I have in the house and it works out fine. I also usually buy just enough dry milk powder from the local grocery store's bulk food section that I need for the recipe rather than buy a whole container that I may never use up before the expiration date comes up. 

Here's what it looks like: 

 And here's the link to the recipe - King Arthur Flour - Chocolate Babka Recipe
I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does.

No comments:

Post a Comment