Pages

Friday, March 28, 2014

This I know for sure...

There are certain things that frustrate me to no end even though I know I should expect them to happen. For example, my hours for my day job are from 7:30am to 3:00pm. It never fails on those days that I need to leave work exactly on time for a doctor or dental appointment, my manager will find something that needs to be done before I can leave. Twice in the last two weeks, I've had to leave on time and both days, he decided at 2:30pm that projects with deadlines two or three days in the future must be completed that day instead of the original deadline date. I get completely frazzled and stressed out trying to get everything done so I can get to my after work appointments without being late (though I was a couple of minutes late for one of them), that I get a tension headache and end up lying awake at night wondering if I did everything and included everything in the packets that was supposed to be included before they were sent out. 

I don't mind that he changes the deadline dates, I just wish he would tell me in the morning so I can give those projects priority instead of waiting until it's almost the end of my work day to decide to tell me.

I read a quote somewhere that I unfortunately can't remember who to attribute it to but it went something like, if you live on the beach and hate the sand, don't complain about the sand, learn to expect the sand. I'm trying to learn to expect my manager to change deadlines at a moment's notice on a whim, but it's hard.

(Sorry for the rant.)

No comments:

Post a Comment